PDA

View Full Version : Vail Resorts/Loveland Roll Call

Below Zero
03-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Anybody gonna head up to a Vail Resort or Loveland tommorrow? I'm gonna call off if some big snow falls. Decision will be made around 6:30 am after I check the snow report. PM me before 5pm if you want to get a ride or meet up.

MOHSHSIHd
03-30-2005, 10:25 AM
big snow?

since when?

oh wait...you mean like 3 inches

ill be working at a flail resort tomorow.....whoopie!

Below Zero
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
big snow?

since when?

Gotta keep up with the forecast, bro!

adam
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I ski at loveland, and i'll be there tommorow. good luck to ya!

cmsummit
03-30-2005, 10:29 AM
I'll be hittin up one of the Flail Resorts tomorrow. Just have to see where the snow falls(hopefully it does).

adam
03-30-2005, 10:30 AM
where u there a week ago? awesome. like 20 inches. they were bombing in super bowl, and they got the whole damn thing to slide to the rocks.

MOHSHSIHd
03-30-2005, 10:32 AM
just looked at the radar maps....looks like another story of "LCC took all the snow and colorado will get 3 inches out of a giant cloud mass"

sorry....i basically jaded myself forever by skiing a nearly empty supreme bowl right at openeing for 3 runs yesterday at alta...literally 5 people skiing it for the first 30 minutes

adam
03-30-2005, 10:35 AM
thats happened to me. i was at loveland, and was skiing down daves ditch, and nearly killed myself when i hit twenty rocks in a row.

cmsummit
03-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Finally snowing in Breck. Snowforecast.com is calling for 8-12". Sounds a little ambitious to me(anti-jinx).

Blurred
03-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Anybody gonna head up to a Vail Resort or Loveland tommorrow? I'm gonna call off if some big snow falls. Decision will be made around 6:30 am after I check the snow report. PM me before 5pm if you want to get a ride or meet up.

Evil E and myself may head up and do laps through Mushroom bowl all day with a finish in East Vail.
Would like to make some more turns with you bro.

Below Zero
03-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Evil E and myself may head up and do laps through Mushroom bowl all day with a finish in East Vail.
Would like to make some more turns with you bro.

2000 posts - nice!

Yeah, I would love to join you guys if Vail gets hammered! If somewhere else gets more snow though (like Loveland), I'm gonna head there. As you probably already know, I am inexperienced in the backcountry - although I did particpate in FOBP seminar, know how to use the equipment, and am currently reading "Staying Alive in Avalanche terrain" What time are you guys meeting up?

MOHSHSIHd
03-30-2005, 12:03 PM
just started snowing here....looks dense up top....if it keeps up it may actually be pretty nice tomorow

Yossarian
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I might be in.

Vail would be cool, but tough for me as a working stiff to pull off. Not unpossible though, we'll see.

Loveland much more likely, as I can ski a morning there and then either come home easily or work from the cafeteria (NEERDDDDDDDDD!!!!).

I'll know more at the end of today/eearly tomorrow am.

adam
03-30-2005, 12:27 PM
do u guys ski alot at loveland? do u know doug, fortune, jeff, mark, or eben?

Blurred
03-30-2005, 12:50 PM

SheRa is really good friends with Doug and Eben. I've skied with them a few times.

snowfire
03-30-2005, 01:02 PM
It is a possibility. Probably will be A-Basin if I go. They'd have to get over 6" though.

edit, never mind, the forecast is showing nothing... :?

adam
03-30-2005, 01:03 PM
SheRa is really good friends with Doug and Eben. I've skied with them a few times.

they fuckin rock, huh!

board
03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
I was thinking this morning was going to be good but the 6:00am report had me heading off to work so Thur could be it...i'm thinking 5-6" is what i'll need to take off and if it happens either Loveland ( ski area or pass maybe both ?) or Berthoud is going to be the location. Vail would be nice but I would need a comp ticket.

SheRa
03-30-2005, 02:23 PM

Have we met before? Have you got spell check? ;)

I'll definitely be at Loveland since Doug has my skis. Just got back from there and it was snowing pretty hard. Tracks were really starting to fill in. :cool:

Below Zero
03-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Just got back from there and it was snowing pretty hard. Tracks were really starting to fill in. :cool:

Nice! Was The Ridge open today?

SheRa
03-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Nice! Was The Ridge open today?

I saw chair 9 running, but I only rode chair one today.

Hugh Jass
03-30-2005, 03:32 PM

Heh. My wife is skiing Eben's girl Darcy's Gotamas. The world, small it is.

We'll be at Vail tomorrow. Tall drinks of water on Gots and Big Daddies.

BZ: check your PMs

danadog
03-30-2005, 03:52 PM
It looks like we should be up at Loveland in the morning!
Look for a big guy on Gotamas with look p14s, marmot jacket either blue or Red, Black Giro 9 helmet!
Hope to see some fellow mags up there!
Dana

Mountain Freak
03-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I can't make it up tomorrow, but my buddy and I will be climbing Mt. Bierstadt Sunday and boarding down if anyone is interested.

The Dude
03-30-2005, 03:54 PM
anyone considering MJ/WP? they're predicted to get in the area of 11-14". I'll be there on the arbor snowboard if it materializes.

Kevin

Below Zero
03-30-2005, 04:20 PM
anyone considering MJ/WP? they're predicted to get in the area of 11-14". I'll be there on the arbor snowboard if it materializes.

Kevin

Hey K, got any cheap lift tickets, if they get hammered?

The Dude
03-30-2005, 04:50 PM

I can get up to 4 tickets a day for $27 each now.

I'm up for going where ever the snow falls as I've got the WP/MJ/Copper pass and the 5 mountain pass.

If you want to carpool up, I'm game as well.

iskibc
03-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Still have the bronchitis thing going, but may rally for a morning at Loveland. SheRa, you gonna be up there in the AM?

adam
03-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Heh. My wife is skiing Eben's girl Darcy's Gotamas. The world, small it is.

We'll be at Vail tomorrow. Tall drinks of water on Gots and Big Daddies.

BZ: check your PMs

Darcy? The race team Darcy? I thought her knee was hurt.
Yah, she ra, i might know you. Do you work in the shop? I'll be up tommorow after noon, friday afternoon, saturday, and sunday.

adam
03-30-2005, 05:10 PM

Bz, if i can catch u tommorow on the hill, I might be able to get u a comp. pass. my dads a patroller. but i'm only up on the afternoon.

SIIHP
03-30-2005, 05:21 PM
I will be at A-basin, snow or no snow.

SheRa
03-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Still have the bronchitis thing going, but may rally for a morning at Loveland. SheRa, you gonna be up there in the AM?

Yup - but I gave my skis to Doug and they're in the shop with epoxy and clamps and all right now. I'm not even supposed to ski them until noon tomorrow. Today I was on some Karmas. So I can't do a dawn patrol, but I'll be banging on the shop door at opening.

We could all figure out a meeting time and do this in real maggot style. RJ and spthompson pm'd me too. If they don't open the ridge or if people don't run out of energy later on, we could maybe ski up on the pass so everyone should bring all their gear for sure. I'd love some big fat powder turns up there.

For those that don't know me, I'm wearing north face - black pants and red poofy jacket. I have a blue boeri helmet with a bunch of stickers on it. I'm sort of tall.

Um, I don't know about Darcy's knee - I haven't skied with her since summer/fall on Jones Pass. But yeah, she race coaches at Loveland and skis tele in the bc. Really great.

adam, I don't work in the shop. I really haven't been at Loveland too many days this year so far. But it's time to head for snow above 10k, so I'll be there a lot more now. Doug and all those guys will be skiing at Loveland tomorrow too, so we'll be hooking up for sure.

SheRa
03-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Bz, if i can catch u tommorow on the hill, I might be able to get u a comp. pass. my dads a patroller. but i'm only up on the afternoon.

Are you a yap?

adam
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Are you a yap?

Huh? Don't Know what that means. If that means i'm a kid, i'm 14. I have a red insulator type coat, grey pants, helmet with a red visor on it, and am like 5'7. I have 03/04 Public Enemies. I know Doug, and ski with him a little. Are you guys just gonna ski the steeps all day? Have you checked out Mr. Rock? I was there on sunday, and the landing is way sketchy. I'll try to keep up with doug if i go skiing with him :P.

SheRa
03-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Huh? Don't Know what that means. If that means i'm a kid, i'm 14. I have a red insulator type coat, grey pants, helmet with a red visor on it, and am like 5'7. I have 03/04 Public Enemies. I know Doug, and ski with him a little. Are you guys just gonna ski the steeps all day? Have you checked out Mr. Rock? I was there on sunday, and the landing is way sketchy. I'll try to keep up with doug if i go skiing with him :P.

YAP = Young Adult Patroller

But you're even too young for that, I guess.

I looked at Mr Rock today. Hard landing. Cornices off the ridge will be much better. And I will jump off the headwall and tomahawk down - someday I'll figure out how to nail that. :rolleyes: But there are a lot of soft things to huck in Chicken Alley trees. Don't worry about keeping up with Doug - nobody can keep up with Doug. ;) If the winds blowing the right way, I'll want to do a run or two off chair four cause it gets so deep. But we'll probably focus on the ridge and OTR...

Kiddo, how did you find this place?

SheRa
03-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Guys - I'm gonna meet Dave (iskibc) at chair one as soon as I get my skis. He thinks the shop opens at 8:30. Hopefully I'll be over at the lift well before 9:00.

YoEddy
03-30-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm missing the roll call by a day.

Any Mags skiing Loveland on Friday?

FigureEleven
03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
FWIW... Vail was excellent today. Not sure what Moshtittytid is going on about, but the two laps I did down East Vail were deep (tits at times). The second one was even deeper than the first. If they pull some more snow out of this storm toninght, inbounds should even be resonably respectable.

Yossarian
03-30-2005, 07:59 PM
i'll be checking snow reports in the am, if it looks good I'm hoping to be at Loveland in the am. Prolly ski the first hour or two, then slink off to the cafeteria to work for a while, then maybe try to hit the last hour or so. If anyone is around mid-day, I'll be the nerd on the computer in the cafeteria. Stupid, but better than none at all though.

What else...not sure if I'll go tele or alpine, so keep an eye out for a guy with a full face helmet flailing aroound either way. :D

Wish I could do a real day, or head to Flail/E. Vail, but I have to pretend to be a working stiff some of the time.

snowfire
03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
ok, I"m going to A-Basin tomorrow. Damn the torpedos. :FIREdevil

Yossarian
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
if ya want to come to Loveland and hang with the crew...I have a $20 ticket I can swing ya I think...

Blurred
03-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok, Evil E and myself will be running laps through Mushroom Bowl and East Vail tomorrow. Sources say it's gonna be sick! Drop me a line here or pm me if you wanna hook it up. -B

SIIHP
03-30-2005, 08:16 PM
ok, I"m going to A-Basin tomorrow. Damn the torpedos. :FIREdevil

Look for a guy in charcol pants, black jacket, blue hat on K2 Fours. Will be either off Pali or Len.

Yossarian
03-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Ok, Evil E and myself will be running laps through Mushroom Bowl and East Vail tomorrow. Sources say it's gonna be sick! Drop me a line here or pm me if you wanna hook it up. -B

dammit dammit dammit

Blurred
03-30-2005, 08:33 PM
dammit dammit dammit

Work Schmirk. "Can't really say I've been missing work Bob".... tomorrow is the last day of March..........And it's supposed to get really warm this weekend...just a thoughthttp://tetongravity.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Kya
03-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Damn job :cussing: I would even spend money for a lift ticket to ski with all these dudes tomorrow. If my students weren't taking the CSAP tomorrow, I'd use a sick day.

Have fun.

jibij
03-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Pfft... Like I'm gonna ski instead of sitting in my 4th straight day of 10hr. software classes???

The TR and pics from this week will be SICK!!!

adam
03-30-2005, 09:32 PM
is anybody going past el-rancho early in the morning?

Blurred
03-30-2005, 09:47 PM
is anybody going past el-rancho early in the morning?

Of course, we all go there and paddle to State Bridge first thing in the morning, it's the maggot ritual. What kind of JONG are you?

iskibc
03-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm in for loveland tomorrow. Boss told me to take tomorrow off because I looked sick, so I didn't argue. I feel like crap, but I'm gonna rally and hope there's some deepness to be had in the morning.

Mir, I'll look for you at 9 AM, chair 1. I'll be on the spats, orange pants.

Who else is in?

adam
03-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Of course, we all go there and paddle to State Bridge first thing in the morning, it's the maggot ritual. What kind of JONG are you?

Oh, u don't? oh well. actually i'm looking for a ride.

Rippinsick
03-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Man, funk the ride! I live here and couldnt go out even if I wanted to. DAMNIT! Either way, go get some. I hear Mushroom is skiing hot. I'll be creepin' around those parts this weekend.

MOHSHSIHd
03-30-2005, 10:12 PM
i didnt ski today...alta and the drive killed me yesterday and i was packing all day.....

also pussed out on a second roadtrip to utah....my truck and my wallet cant handle 2000 miles in 72 hours....

i have to fucking work tomorow...

its not snowing here at all right now, if its uber deep at the jane I will ditch work...look for spats, all black clothing, black helmet with a TGR sticker...

i would be honored to receive an in person jonging from any of you....

Rippinsick
03-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Damn dude you could be in Utah by now. Shame on you! Fuck work. You work for VA. The end of the season is near. Go out and get some!

MOHSHSIHd
03-30-2005, 10:33 PM
you guys are killing me....its just not as fun to do it alone...

i dont know...if i had some adderal or something i would be leaving now...but im seriously afraid i would fall asleep at the wheel....i have done many long roadtrips before (im a phish phag remeber).....but always with someone to keep me awake...solo, i dont know...

if buy some grace of god the canyon is closed tomorow i will DEFINATELY be there friday...

Son1cdeth
03-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I'll be up too. checking the report at 6am to see whoever got the most snow (basin, loveland, flail). Orange Arc'teryx, Giro 9, and Made'ns

Yossarian
03-31-2005, 06:24 AM
hmmm, snow totals not looking that good
WP/MJ maybe
Keystone claims the most?

SheRa
03-31-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm skiing at Loveland today.

Yossarian
03-31-2005, 06:44 AM
yeah, I might still try to get in a couple hours, just get my fix, but we'll see. Gotta work on a couple things first.

Crinkle
03-31-2005, 06:47 AM
yos if you want, we'll be going up tomorrow for sure. Right now sleepy time, i'll be out for beers tonight if you are not busy.

Blurred
03-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Vails under reporting right now. It's gonna be sick today, I'm out!

cmsummit
03-31-2005, 07:18 AM
Gonna beat around in-bounds at Breck today for a couple hours, got too much work to do to go anywhere else.

Below Zero
03-31-2005, 07:39 AM
Vails under reporting right now. It's gonna be sick today, I'm out!

Fuck! Report was only sayiing 4"

Saw that Keystone got 9" but Keystone sucks, so I saved the sick day for (knock on wood) a pow day at Loveland or Vail before the season is over.

The Dude
03-31-2005, 08:15 AM
WP just updated their report, they are now reporting 11" and by the looks of it, it is still coming down.

Kya
03-31-2005, 08:35 AM
So jealous!!!!!!!!!!

All you dudes are on some chairlift right now about to feast on face shots.

Get some............and I'll try not to be a crank to my poor little fourth and fifth graders.

snowfire
03-31-2005, 08:38 AM
Basin only reported 3". I bailed, gotta save it for a better day. Sadly, there may not be many left.... Living in Fort Collins SUCKS, by the time I get the snow report for Vail resorts, it's too late to head up anyways... denver traffic, and it would be all gone by the time I got there. They need to post their snow report earlier... or else I just need to move. :cussing: :nonono2: I was hoping for at least 6 to make it worth heading up for a day. :fuckyou:

adam
03-31-2005, 08:39 AM
keystone snow reports is bulls shit. i know for real. i know the snow report dude. they over report by like three inches. all vr places do.

The Dude
03-31-2005, 08:57 AM
So jealous!!!!!!!!!!

All you dudes are on some chairlift right now about to feast on face shots.

Get some............and I'll try not to be a crank to my poor little fourth and fifth graders.

no, not on a chairlift. work that I was supposed to do last night from home couldn't get done thanks to the blue screen of death on my laptop. consequently I am stuck in cubicle hell working on a project that just got delayed by our lawyers. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get up for some snowboarding.

thedudeabides
03-31-2005, 09:12 AM
keystone snow reports is bulls shit. i know for real. i know the snow report dude. they over report by like three inches. all vr places do.

i just got a call from my boss who took the day off to ski keystone, he said its deeper than 9 inches

DJMingus
03-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Basin only reported 3". I bailed, gotta save it for a better day. Sadly, there may not be many left.... Living in Fort Collins SUCKS, by the time I get the snow report for Vail resorts, it's too late to head up anyways... denver traffic, and it would be all gone by the time I got there. They need to post their snow report earlier... or else I just need to move. :cussing: :nonono2: I was hoping for at least 6 to make it worth heading up for a day. :fuckyou:

dude you need to hit the road and make the call from your car.

FC is cool but I agree it would suck for a skier.

smmokan
03-31-2005, 09:48 AM
i just got a call from my boss who took the day off to ski keystone, he said its deeper than 9 inches

How the hell does your boss know? You posted at 9:12, so did he do a run when it opened at 9:00 and called you when he got to the bottom to tell you its deeper than 9"? I don't mean to be a big asshat here and be the pessimistic one, but I tend to agree that Keystone over-reports their snow totals.

thedudeabides
03-31-2005, 10:04 AM
How the hell does your boss know? You posted at 9:12, so did he do a run when it opened at 9:00 and called you when he got to the bottom to tell you its deeper than 9"? I don't mean to be a big asshat here and be the pessimistic one, but I tend to agree that Keystone over-reports their snow totals.

1st of all, keystone opens at 8.30
and yes. he called me from labontes (sp?) cabin at 9 saying he wasn't coming in today because keystone has over a foot of snow

cmsummit
03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
They need to post their snow report earlier... or else I just need to move.
You gotta move. Fort Fun is too far from skiing.

Breck was good(didn't suck) this morning, not epic, but good. Horseshoe bowl was smooth creamy goodness, perfect for straight-lining. Found some sweet knee deep turns in the Doors.
This is where I have to give a big :fuckyou: to all you Utards and the 31" that Alta was reporting. Wish I was there.

snowfire
03-31-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree. I'm moving to Denver in late may, that will be a little better.

FC is close to a certain mountain pass I like to haunt, however. :) That will be missed.

cmsummit
03-31-2005, 11:03 AM

FC is close to a certain mountain pass I like to haunt, however. :) That will be missed.

FC has Cameron Pass and the Poudre River. That's pretty much it. You'll be closer to everything else though.

DJMingus
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM

Yeah, it will be a long drive to CP from Denver... but now you'll be an hour or so from a bunch of other good stuff.

kchri
03-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Breck was good(didn't suck) this morning, not epic, but good. Horseshoe bowl was smooth creamy goodness, perfect for straight-lining. Found some sweet knee deep turns in the Doors.

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic34112.jpg

This place should NEVER be mentioned! Are you crazy?

iskibc
03-31-2005, 05:30 PM
FC has Cameron Pass and the Poudre River. That's pretty much it. You'll be closer to everything else though.

Heh, you're kidding, right? I would take Ft. Collins over Scoured County anyday. You've got the medicine bow, never summer, mummy, and RMNP terrain which boasts some of the deepest and most diversified terrain in the state. This area is like the last frontier of Colorado. Super small towns, no development, steep/technical lines, deep snow, and no tourists make this area what it is. I guess if you like skiing beatered out flat bc stashes hours after the storm then scummit is your place. Of course this is just my opinion. No need to venture up that way...

iskibc
03-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh, for those of you who backed off today because they were only reporting 6"......

Chair 9 delivering the goods:

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergalleries/albums/userpics/Cnv0590.jpg

Headwall:

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergalleries/albums/userpics/Cnv0589.jpg

More Chair 9 goodness:

http://www.tetongravity.com/usergalleries/albums/userpics/Cnv0591.jpg

I love it when Loveland under reports their snow totals. At least 18" up on the ridge. Patrol bowl was money today with over-the-head blow blow from top to bottom. It's amazing what a little wind can do to the chair 9 terrain. Not to mention, nobody was there. SheRa and I had the ridge pretty much to ourselves. A little sun, some dumpage, more sun, and more dumpage in the afternoon. Refreshments served up by the extra few inches that fell after lunchtime. I almost forgot how much fun it is to ride the lifts for a day :D

adam
03-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, me and she ra took this chute next to super bowl in the afternoon. it was pretty windloaded. then we hike over to field of dreams and did two runs there. getting face shots all the way down. awesome. wish i had pics. how were the dumps, she ra?

cmsummit
03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Heh, you're kidding, right? I would take Ft. Collins over Scoured County anyday.
HA! HA! You can have Fort Fun. I'll take my living at 10,578' over that desert anyday, anyway, anytime. You know, I wasn't just referring to skiing, although I have to say that I pretty much live in the geographical center of the state and can surely access more bc of equal quality quicker than from the Fort. If you're into the year round activities the living up here doesn't even compare to Fort Fun. Hell, I walk out my door and hike a fourteener. Endless miles of singletrack. Dozens of kayak runs within an hour drive.
Fort Fun vs. Summit County. Give me a break.

Hugh Jass
03-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Seems there was a bit of under-reporting today. Vail reported 4". We lapped lines in Blue Sky Basin that were thigh deep. The clown parade battered the back bowls all day. :nonono2: Good times were had.

crashnburn'd
03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm driving to CO tomorrow morning and skiing Sat-Mon.... Assuming I can meet up with Z, I'll most likely be skiing at Vail. If anyone sees a guy in a red coat and green pants on either Gotamas or XXX w/ Naxos, ask for change.

adam
03-31-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm at loveland tommorow, and will get some pics on the ridge. the closed most of it today, but tommorow it's a go.

Blurred
03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Seems there was a bit of under-reporting today. Vail reported 4". We lapped lines in Blue Sky Basin that were thigh deep. The clown parade battered the back bowls all day. :nonono2: Good times were had.

Yup, Vail pretty much ruled today. 18"+, and the boys under reported. We didn't even go to Mushroom or East Vail today because it was so sweet in-bounds, not to mention nobody was there. Hopefully Summit throws up the pics later!

Everyone who stayed at home/work today really missed out, it was THAT good.

crashnburn'd
03-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Hopefully Summit throws up the pis later!

oh, I can't wait!

adam
03-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Anyone up at loveland tommorow? I'll be up in the afternoon(one-ish). I am going to head over to wild child and porcupine saddle. they didn't open it today, and hopefully it won't get completely raped by the time i get over there. i will probably have some pics tommorow

SIIHP
03-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Then ya have A-basin who reported a whooping 3 and had a huge 6 or 7 inches. :nonono2: But had to pick up a dog and I ski for free there so can't complain to much I guess.

powderfarmer
03-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Can't say they under reported, but northpeak at keystone had a legit 8-10(thats what they reported) and the outback had I would call a legit 12-16. Northpeak bump trails were shin to knee deep, ocasional face shots, and empy because everyone went to the outback. Then went to the outback with some trollers and we were getting continual face shots down all the hike to terrain. Victory chutes and wombat chutes were especially good. BTW front side of Keystone only had like 2-4 inches. Snow was way drier than I thought it was going to be

SheRa
04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Oh, for those of you who backed off today because they were only reporting 6"......
Chair 9 delivering the goods:
http://www.tetongravity.com/usergalleries/albums/userpics/Cnv0590.jpg

That did not suck. Little tough to breath with all that snow going up my nose. :D

I skied yesterday from first chair to last and then went hiking. I love Loveland.

adam - mine dumps is a beautiful place. That was my first time in there. I'm a very long way from understanding the slide danger. There's a lot of different terrain and I could see potential for trouble all over the place. The snow was about like chair four - a few inches of fresh and I could feel that the sun had worked on the snow under my feet. It was cool enough and set up so that I wasn't worried about wet slides, but just jamming around with my pole told me that there was some weird snow underneath. Doug already set off a good one on a wind loaded face.

Kya
04-01-2005, 08:26 AM
I don't know why I checked this post this morning. I knew the stoke was gonna be.................!!!! I guess I like torturing myself until the weekend comes.