PDA

View Full Version : The Mars Volta

Odin
07-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Cheeeeck it oot.

Tyrone, you heard these guys?

schuss
07-05-2004, 11:50 AM
interesting stuff, not my favorite, but definitely a solid band with a unique sound. If you like their heavier stuff, try lacuna coil, they rule.

Tyrone Shoelaces
07-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Odin

Tyrone, you heard these guys?

yup....I used to be into At-The-Drive-In quite a bit, and then tuffy109 clued me into Volta....but I'm into them all that much. They're obviously super talented and are doing some really creative things, but I dunno, I just don't find myself listening to them all that much.

A-wreck
11-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I just discovered this band for myself.

Bottom line, If you've never heard them, you should really give it a shot.

They are like a heavy metal salsa band inspired by Pink Floyd.

I can't stop listening to them.

Vicious
11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I've been listening to them since ATDI broke up and Cedric and Omar formed Mars Volta.

The Mars Volta is a prime example of giving people who like drugs the opportunity to go wild and make incredible music, experimental as it may be.

Omar has a solo album out, it's hard to find, but he's got some sick salsa inspred rock tracks on it. It's just called Omar Rodriguez.

The AD
11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
The Mars Volta is a prime example of giving people who like drugs the opportunity to go wild and make incredible music, experimental as it may be.

Spacemen 3 and Spiritualized, anybody?

tuffy109
11-03-2005, 11:12 PM
opposite ends of the, er, spectrum ( ;)) .

however, the mars volta guys stopped smoking crack a few years ago. there's a live album on the way.

A-wreck
11-04-2005, 06:51 AM
New album comes out this tuesday, the 8th. I just bought there first 3 cd's this week and I can't wait to spend more money on thier cd's.