PDA

View Full Version : Rossignol Warranty and Repair Contact Info

kkerley33
04-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Ok,

I have had multiple requests over the last week for The Rossignol Warranty and Repair contact info.

Here it is...

QUIKSILVER ROSSIGNOL GROUP
WARRANTY = & SERVICE CENTER
267 N. DEPOT DRIVE
OGDEN, UT 84404
(435) 252.3300

I work with a guy named Nick, but I am sure there are others. Hope this helps you all out.

KAK

waxman
04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
don't you have retailers in the USA?
as in take the possibly defective gear back to where you bought it...

cooltsi
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I just talked to Nick. Broken Lange Comp 120's. They are sending me a repair kit of the cuff/camber adjustement. Seems like a nice guy.

kkerley33
04-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Waxman,

We have plenty of retailers here in the US, but as the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself. From personal experience, warranty repair turn-around via a shop is in the neighborhood of 2 - 3 months. Warranty repair and turnaround calling Rossi direct is about 10 days. Which would you prefer. Rossi is easy to work with and actually will work with customers direct as opposed to some other mfgs. In fact, the only other MFG that I know that will deal with customers direct on warranty matters is Salomon.

So I hope that answers your question and gives some other board members some insight into the fastest way to get a result from their damages.

KAK

cooltsi
04-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Agreed, I had a problem with some binding last year, shop dinked around for a few days and then suggested I contact Rossi. Called, and they gave me the info. Called me when the binding arrived and provided options. Shipped back the next day. It took about 7 working days between my shipping till I got them back. I've had some Tyrolias on warranty at the local shop for two months now. I'll be lucky if I ever get them back.

jetski
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Waxman,

We have plenty of retailers here in the US, but as the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself. From personal experience, warranty repair turn-around via a shop is in the neighborhood of 2 - 3 months.

KAK

Wow!!! If thats true Rossi sucks massive bloated dead trout heads.

If any of my suppliers took that long I would drive down wherever I had to and get shit done.
2-3 months? I'm stunned and very happy I don't ski Rossi. (if this is true)
Somehow I would put the blame on lame, lazy shops, but whatever.
Can someone please confirm that warranty is taking 2-3 months in the U.S.
I'm stunned as to why any shops would bother selling Rossi with that turn-around.
Thats why I'm calling bullshit.

Bullshit:biggrin:

Beatdown
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Have you got a warranty email or phone # for Rossignol Canada by any chance? That would be awesome, the contact info on the website just gives a mail address for somewhere in Quebec.

grapedrink
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Have you got a warranty email or phone # for Rossignol Canada by any chance? That would be awesome, the contact info on the website just gives a mail address for somewhere in Quebec.

800-267-7547, the main office is in quebec but you can also drop them off at vancouver ski and snowboard services if you have an rma#. i've warrantied three pairs of skis with rossi/dyna, they're great. if warranty turn around took 2-3 months it is most certainly because of the shop, at least in canada you can call the head office and find out exactly whats up with your skis, it only takes a day for them to figure out if they're going to replace them, then they either ups you a new pair or call your local shop so you can grab a pair off the rack.

kkerley33
04-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Actually it is not 100% the shops fault, though the shop is a good portion of it, it is the systems fault.

Rossi/Look USA is set-up that shops deal with their Reps and Reps deal with corporate.

So a shop warranty repair goes like this...

Customer takes ski/binding to shop. Shop Tech says he will look into it. Binding then sits on desk of whomever deals with Rossi Rep (usually manager or owner) with a note saying this needs warranty repair. They get to it either the next time the rep comes in or when they get sick of looking at it on their desk.

To get to it, they have to call the REP. The rep then has to call Rossi and get an RMA number and then the REP has to call the RMA number into the shop. Rossi then sends and RMA shipping label to the shop via snail mail and then the shop has to pack and ship the binding/ski to Rossi which involves the person checking the mail making sure the shipping label gets to whomever has the binding/ski sitting on their desk. That person then still has to be motivated enough to schedule a pick-up for the fedex man or dropping the thing off at FEd-EX.

And its safe to assume that the rep is not going to drop everything to fix one dude's binders when his top priority is putting stuff into shops and making money.

It is a multi-step process. So you can call bull-shit all you want. Been through it twice and after the second time the shop owner said I would get a result much faster if I went direct.

Next time I needed a repair, I called direct, got the answer I wanted and 10 days later, was all ready to go.

When the customer makes the call, they get an RMA immediatley, have to pay for their own shipping out, but usually it is a top priority. My guess that turn around time in the shop at Rossi, is quite fast, it is the process of getting the binding/ski (repair system) in the first place.

Believe me, I worked in sales with Medical Devices Distributor (multiple manufacturers) and it was always faster for the customer to call the MFG directly than it was to go through me because of how we had to handle repairs, etc.

Now if you have an attentive ski shop owner who is on top of things, you might get quick turn-around...but I doubt it will be that fast because of the extra steps involved.

KAK