What: Submit as many of your top photos from this winter as you want into the Best Powder or Best Freeride Categories for a chance to win. The 10 photos with the most Facebook "Likes" on TetonGravity.com from each category will be chosen as finalists. From those photos, TNF athletes and represenatives of the TGR Production team will choose a first place winner each from category as well as the Grand Prize winner for Best Overall Photo. Prizes will be for two as photography requires both a rider and the documentarian.
Best Overall - TNF Riders and represenatives of the TGR Production Team will select the Grand Prize winner from each category's 10 finalists.
Best Powder - Powder riding is the essence of life. It's life changing and often undescribable. Submit your photo that best captures the act of riding powder.
Best Freeride - Freeride is the space where time stands still. It can be found in big mountains, the backcountry and at your home resort. Submit your best interpretation of freeride.
You must register/sign up as a member to tetongravity.com
Submit a photo in the contest
"Best Freeride" or "Best Powder" category upon upload
Photos must have a name and description (no.jpg extensions)
Photos need a minimum of 15 Facebook "Likes" to be officially entered, so be sure to share your entry(s) with friends.Tampering with voting will result in disqualification.
1. HOW TO ENTER. You must register/sign up as a member to tetongravity.com. Go to tetongravity.com/photocontest to upload your photo. Upload photo and select a category. Only entries submitted following these directions will be considered as online entries. Online entries must be received before 11:59 P.M. EST on February 2nd, 2011.
2. Entries must be digital images. Photographs must have been taken within three (3) years before the date of entry. An image that combines the elements of more than one photograph or has elements removed is not eligible. Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable. PHOTO SUBJECT RESTRICTIONS. Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Teton Gravity Research retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
3. Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted entry is an original, non-published work that does not infringe the rights or intellectual property claims of any third parties. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the tetongravity.com website without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that tetongravity.com may display winning photos in a "past winners" photo gallery and in tetongravity.com email newsletters, and future contest promotions. Photos will be credited to the photographer named in the entry form.. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted to tetongravity.com is contested in any manner, tetongravity.com retains the discretion to disqualify that photograph and discontinue use of the photograph.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchasing products from Sponsors will not increase your chances of winning.
5. Contest open to members of tetongravity.com except employees (and their families) of Teton Gravity Research, The North Face, North Cascade Heli Skiing, Atomic, their parents, subsidiaries, operating divisions, and affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. Unlimited entries accepted.
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by and Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generate by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible or postage due mail/entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the contest. By participating in the contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may results in disqualification from the contest. Sponsors reserve the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the contest any person it believed has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impedes its ability to conduct the contest), and to select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Winners will be chosen by TNF Riders and represenatives of the TGR Production Team based equally on creativity of their entry as well as the number of Facebook Likes a photo has. Judges' decisions are final. Winners will be notified by phone, mail, or email by February 17th, 2011. Winners must sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release, and return them within seven days of notification attempt, or alternates may be selected.
7. The winner of Best Powder and Best Freeride, along with one grand prize winner will be picked within two weeks after February 2nd, 2011.
8. All taxes are the sole responsibility of finalists' or Winner's parents/guardians. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted, but prizes of equal or greater value may be supplied by Sponsors at Sponsors' sole discretion. Non-United States International winners will be responsible for shipping and taxes associated with their prize.
9. In consideration of judges' review of entries, winners who enter the contest grant permission (except where prohibited by law) to use and license their photos/images in all media without further compensation.
10. Teton Gravity Research and its affiliates are not responsible for technical failures in entry transmission, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail, or any damage to participants' computers relating to information about or participation in the promotion. Teton Gravity Research reserves the right to cancel electronic method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted.
11. Teton Gravity Research and its prize sponsors may contact entrants with product offers it believes may be of interest to entrants. The contest is subject to all local, state, and federal regulations.
12. By entering the contest, entrant holds harmless Teton Gravity Research, The North Face, Atomic, and North Cascade Heli Skiing and their parents, subsidiaries, operation divisions, and affiliates from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liability, actions, or damages of any kind or in connection with: (1) entering contest (2) acceptance of any prize or (3) anything related to the contest and the awarding of prizes. Any claims relating to this contest shall be governed by Wyoming Law.
14. Official contest Sponsors: The North Face, Atomic, Backcountry Access, and North Cascade Heli Skiing.
15. Teton Gravity Research reserves the right to make any changes to the rules at any time to the contest.