Forgot Your password ? | Register here
Lust: Pit Viper's The Jungle
Submit your best Powder and Freeride photos for a chance to win a Grand Prize heli-skiing trip to Southeast Alaska Backcountry Adventures or one of two Category Prize packages from The North Face and Atomic. The winners will be determined through a process of on page user voting, TGR athlete/staff judging and TGR Forum voting as follows:
1) Submit your best Powder and Freeride photos to the contest between 1/16/12 and 3/11/12 at 11:59 PM MST. Photos must have at least 15 Facebook "Likes" to be officially entered, so share your entry(s) early and often.
2) Get your favorite photos noticed by Facebook "liking" them between 1/16/12 and 3/18/12 at 11:59 PM MST.
3) A committee of TGR athletes and staff will narrow the 25 most "liked" photos from each category down to 10 finalists by 3/25/12.
4) On 3/26/12, a Forum poll featuring the 10 finalists from each category will be created to determine the Grand Prize and Category Winners. Voting will remain open through 4/2/12 at 12:00 PM MST.
5) The photographer and rider whose photo has the most overall poll votes will win the Category and Grand Prize Packages. The photographer and rider whose photo has the most poll votes from the other category will win the remaining Category Prize Package.
1. HOW TO ENTER:Go to http://www.tetongravity.com/contests/the-north-face-photo-contest/ to upload your photo. Upload photo and select a category. Online entries must be received before 11:59 PM MST on March 11, 2012.
2. Entries must be digital images. Photographs must have been taken within three (3) years before the date of entry. An image that combines the elements of more than one photograph or has elements removed is not eligible. Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable. PHOTO SUBJECT RESTRICTIONS. Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Teton Gravity Research retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
3. Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted entry is an original, non-published work that does not infringe the rights or intellectual property claims of any third parties. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the tetongravity.com website without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that TetonGravity.com may display winning photos in a "past winners" photo gallery and in tetongravity.com email newsletters, and future contest promotions. Photos will be credited to the photographer named in the entry form. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted to TetonGravity.com is contested in any manner, TetonGravity.com retains the discretion to disqualify that photograph and discontinue use of the photograph.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchasing products from Sponsors will not increase your chances of winning.
5. Contest open to users of tetongravity.com except employees (and their families) of Teton Gravity Research, The North Face, Southeast Alaska Backcountry Adventures, Atomic, their parents, subsidiaries, operating divisions, and affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. Unlimited entries accepted.
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by and Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generate by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible or postage due mail/entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the contest. By participating in the contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may results in disqualification from the contest. Sponsors reserve the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the contest any person it believed has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impedes its ability to conduct the contest), and to select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Winners will be chosen by TGR athletes and staff as outlined above. Judges' decisions are final. Winners will be notified by phone or email by April 9, 2012. Winners must sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release, and return them within seven days of notification attempt, or alternates may be selected.
7. All taxes are the sole responsibility of finalists' or Winner's parents/guardians. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted, but prizes of equal or greater value may be supplied by Sponsors at Sponsors' sole discretion. Non-United States International winners will be responsible for shipping and taxes associated with their prize.
8. In consideration of judges' review of entries, winners who enter the contest grant permission (except where prohibited by law) to use and license their photos/images in all media without further compensation.
9. Teton Gravity Research and its affiliates are not responsible for technical failures in entry transmission, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail, or any damage to participants' computers relating to information about or participation in the promotion. Teton Gravity Research reserves the right to cancel electronic method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted.
10. Teton Gravity Research and its prize sponsors may contact entrants with product offers it believes may be of interest to entrants. The contest is subject to all local, state, and federal regulations.
11. By entering the contest, entrant holds harmless Teton Gravity Research, The North Face, Atomic, and Southeast Alaska Backcountry Adventures and their parents, subsidiaries, operation divisions, and affiliates from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liability, actions, or damages of any kind or in connection with: (1) entering contest (2) acceptance of any prize or (3) anything related to the contest and the awarding of prizes. Any claims relating to this contest shall be governed by Wyoming Law.
12. Official contest Sponsors: The North Face, Atomic and Southeast Alaska Backcountry Adventures.
13. Teton Gravity Research reserves the right to make any changes to the rules at any time to the contest.
Teton Gravity Research. © 2012 All rights reserved.