Teton Gravity Research Hawaii Segment to air on Jeep World of Adventure Sports Saturday June 6th.
By tgrweb | June 4th, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Lauren Panarese St. Clair, 207.699.2360
NBC JEEP® WORLD OF ADVENTURE SPORTS® SAILS TO HAWAII , HITS THE YUKON AND MORE IN THE JUNE 6th EPISODE!
This episode features surfing, stand up paddling, the Red Bull Wake Lab, downhill skateboarding and more.
PORTLAND, Maine, June 4, 2009—The Jeep® World of Adventure Sports® (JWOAS), an action and adventure sports series, will air on Saturday, June 6th at 5:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT. Host Pat Parnell of NBC Sports heads to California to present the fourth episode of the 2009 season.
For more information, photos and video clips from past episodes please visit www.WorldofAdventureSports.com
The next episode will feature:
• Teton Gravity Research – Hawaii: The TGR crew heads out to Hawaii after rumors of a massive swell. After hitting up some of the North Shore classics, the winds change and the boys continue the search for epic waves. The crew meets up with Maui local Hank Gaskell, who takes them to the "secret spot" and straight to the goods."
• Yukon River Quest: The Yukon River Quest is the longest annual canoe and kayak race in the world. Except for two mandatory rest stops totaling 10 hours, paddlers race non-stop over the 742 kilometers (460 miles) to Dawson City. Taking place during the last week of June (around the summer solstice), it is a true “Race to the Midnight Sun” and is recognized as one of the toughest adventure marathon events in the world.
• Red Bull Wake Lab: Created as an experiment to see how far the boundaries of the sport of wakeboarding could be pushed, this groundbreaking event will take place in conjunction with the Circle K Tempe Music Festival. Influenced by the design of the modern skateboarding skatepark and snowboarding snowpark, a massive “wakepark” was constructed to include a mix of hand and transfer rails, sliders, an elevated pool and a 16-foot high wall ride/quarterpipe. The result, a massive floating skatepark, dubbed “The Wake Lab,” allows riders to perform sets of tricks that were once impossible, raising the sport to never-before-seen levels
• OLUKAI HO’OLAULE’A: Held annually, Olukai Ho’olaule’a is a stand up paddle competition spanning from the Maliko Gulch to Kanaha Beach in Maui. A celebration of the ocean and the cultures surrounding it, this event pairs high level competition with time honored customs of Hawaii including traditional sports, cultural activities, parties, food, and music.
• Maryhill Festival of Speed: For one week in August, the world’s greatest gravity racers can be found in one place: the 2008 Maryhill Festival of Speed, home of this year’s IGSA World Championships. 200 of gravity sport’s biggest names will take center stage in a five day celebration of speed, skill and loose definitions of personal safety.
JWOAS 2009 broadcast schedule on NBC:
Jun. 6 5 p.m. (ET)/ 2 p.m. (PT)
Aug. 29 1:30 p.m. (ET)/ 10:30 a.m. (PT)
Oct. 31 4:30 p.m. (ET) 1:30 p.m. (PT)
Nov. 8 1:30 p.m. (ET) /10:30 a.m. (PT)
Nov. 14 2 p.m. (ET)/ 11 a.m. (PT)
Please check local listings for broadcast schedule.
Show times are subject to change
About Jeep World of Adventure Sports®
Jeep World of Adventure Sports (JWOAS) is an action-adventure sports series airing on the NBC Sports network, hosted by Pat Parnell. The show features an array of adrenaline-inspired feats and adventurous sporting events from around the world. Anchor events are complemented by behind-the-scenes features on athletes, expeditions and the world of action-adventure sports.
Sponsors include the Jeep brand, Garmin , Columbia Sportswear, Progressive, and the United States Navy.
For more details, please visit www.WorldofAdventureSports.com or www.Jeep.com.
About the Jeep Brand
With 68 years of legendary 4x4 capability, the Jeep brand is purpose-built for adventurous lifestyles. Seven vehicles comprise the Jeep brand line-up, including the highly efficient Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot , the mid-size Jeep Liberty, the premium Jeep Grand Cherokee, the seven-passenger Jeep Commander, the original off-road machine, the Jeep Wrangler, and the four-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
Location: Vent AT-AT Keywords: Article Press Release