News: Grand Targhee Resort Presents Second Annual Fat Bike Race
By Teton Gravity Research | January 11th, 2013
The Grand Targhee second annual Fat Bike race is scheduled for Saturday, January 19, 2013. The Grand Targhee Snow Bike Race 15K one lap / 30K two laps / 45K three laps race on the Nordic track. Snow bike demos will be available before and after the race. Check the start/finish area about renting a snow bike for the race or just to ride around.
• Location: Grand Targhee, Lot 3, Sprung Structure
• Date: January 19th 2013
• Time: 10:00am start
• Category: Snow Bike Race
• Event Age Restriction: 16+
• Registration: Open : Online Registration Athlete 360
• Online Entry Fee: Closes 1/17/2013 - $30/45K, $20/30K & 15K races.
• Day of / On Site Registration/ bib pick-up: 8:30am - 9:45am – $40/45K, $25/30K & 15K races
• Distances: 15K is one lap / 30K is two laps / 45K will be three laps
• Awards: 2:00pm at the finish line
Grand Targhee Resort is the first ski resort in the United States to embrace and endorse fat bikes aka snow biking on our Nordic trail system. Bikers who purchase a Nordic ticket for $10 per day or a Nordic season pass for $120 will have access to the Grand Targhee Resort Nordic Trail System.
The fat 'snow' bike was created to go where standard “all terrain” bikes flounder. The floatation and traction afforded by large-volume, low-pressure tires can get you over and through otherwise unrideable terrain…sand, mud, wet rocks and roots, ice and many kinds of snow. The fat bike is purpose built for snow and sand with wide, high flotation tires that enable travel on a variety of low pressure surfaces. Huge tires make for a comfy ride and distribute weight for float and traction in the snow.
Location: Wyoming Grand Targhee WY Keywords: Resort Features Resort News News Google News Travel