Grand Targhee Resort to Open Dreamcatcher and Fred’s Mountain on Opening Day
By TetonGravityResearch | November 20th, 2012
Alta, WY – Grand Targhee Resort will open for its 44th ski season on Friday, November 23 with top to bottom skiing on Fred’s Mountain and three out of five lifts running; Dreamcatcher, Shoshone and Papoose Magic Carpet, are scheduled to run conditions permitting. Lifts will run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Grand Targhee has received over 73 inches of snow since the middle of October and additional lifts and terrain will open as soon as Grand Targhee receives additional snowfall and conditions allow.
Opening Weekend Ticket Pricing and Special benefitting the Teton Valley Food Bank:
Grand Targhee Resort will offer Adult lift tickets at $44 for opening weekend, Friday, November 23 through Sunday, November 25. Additionally, anyone wishing to donate two canned goods or non-perishable food items to the local Teton Valley Food Bank through the resort will receive $10 OFF their individual ticket purchase for opening weekend.
With the $10 OFF Teton Valley Food Bank donation tickets will be:
· Adult and Senior tickets (13 & up) will be $34 for a full day
· Junior tickets (6 – 12) will be $19 for a full day
· Child tickets (5 & under) with paying adult will be FREE
Donations will be accepted at the Activities Center and at the Ticket Booth. The Teton Valley Food Bank will accept and needs the following items, through Grand Targhee Resort.
· Canned foods
· Pasta meals
· Dried beans
· Peanut butter
Season Pass Processing and Pick-up:
Season passes will be available for pick-up in the Activity Center, with the Activity Center opening at 8:00AM on Friday. All passholders will be receiving new passes this year. All passholders who have not previously picked-up their passes will need to go inside the Activity Center to get their pictures taken and passes processed. You will not be able to access the lifts or mountain without your new pass, make sure you stop-by the Activity Center to get your new pass.
Mountain & Nordic Operations:
The GTR Terrain Park will open with several features for all freeriders to get their jib on. Ski & Snowboard School, Mini-Moose Ski School and all retail and rental will operated on a normal schedule. Nordic track in Rick's Basin will open partially on Friday. Most of the track has good snow conditions but there will be some occasional thin spots. No classic track will be set, please check-in at the Activities Center or Ski & Snowboard School for the most up-to-date Nordic conditions and map.
Food &Beverage Operations:
Grand Targhee Resort restaurants will operate on the following schedule until further notice, all times are subject to change:
· Snorkels 7:00 am to 2:00 pm daily
· Wild Bills 11:00 am to 4:00 pm Friday, Sat. & Sun opening weekend then closed mid-week until Dec 13
· Trap Bar 11:00 am to 7:00 pm Sun – Thurs; 11:00 am to 8:30 pm Fri & Sat
· Branding Iron 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm daily, Also, Open Thanksgiving Day from 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
· General Store 8:00 am to 5:30 pm daily
Grand Targhee lodging will be open as early as Thursday night for those ready to get a jump on first chair. Special lodging packages are available for Thanksgiving. Lodging reservations can be made by calling 800-827-4433 or on-line at GrandTarghee.com.
Targhee-Driggs Local Shuttle:
The Shuttle between Driggs and Grand Targhee will begin operations on Friday, November 23, for full shuttle schedule and rates visit GrandTarghee.com.
Additional Events for Opening Weekend:
Branding Iron Grill:
· November 22 - Traditional Turkey Dinner. 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Reservations suggested.
· The Black Friday sale at Habitat. We're turning Black Friday into the White Room Sale with the doors opening here at 7:00 am! Door prizes, Free wax all day with any purchase and get a Oakley or Smith goggle with any ski, board or boot purchase. Come on into the “White Room” this Black Friday and save!
Location: Wyoming Grand Targhee WY Keywords: Snow Lab News industrynews Ski Snowboard Resort News Google News Travel